Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Escapade


Today was an ordinary day made extraordinary. It was nothing much but it meant a lot to me (: After a long tiring and dreadful day at school, our trip out of heartlands to run some errands turned into a really fun adventure! Call me deprived, but it has been awhile since I've had no appointments to rush to/worry about after school. We walked around clueless of our whereabouts, rather aimlessly, and found many interesting places!


I guess one of the reasons why Singaporeans find their country so boring is majorly because of the fact that we've never REALLY explored Singapore. We always go to the same hangouts, malls, stick with the routes we're familiar with. Perhaps then, it isn't Singapore that is boring, perhaps it us.

It might sound like a ludicrous idea, walking around without any agenda, especially when it's not like we don't have enough things on our hands already. I was telling KahYoke how weird I felt that I didn't really have anything to do/remember. We're too clocked up with checking the agendas on our to-do-lists that when we're forced to make time to rest, a sense of vacancy overtakes us. But being me, it didn't take me too long to get captivated by the awesomeness of the nothingness. Haha.

Don't we all wish that some days never ended? (: I seriously need to get started on my books now. Oh joy.

1 comment:

M.J. said...

are the last 2 places from Haji lane? heehee. i love the place! :) theblogshop's the best!