Saturday, September 26, 2009

Return, O faithless soul.

Jeremiah 2
v2 "I remember the devotion of your youth, your love as a bride, how you followed me in the wilderness, in a land not sown."

v5 "What wrong did your fathers find in me that they went far from me, and went after worthlessness, and became worthless?"

v13 "For my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water."

v19"Your evil will chastise you, and your apostasy will reprove you. Know and see that it is evil and bitter for you to forsake the Lord your God; the fear of Me is not in you."

v20-22 "For long ago I broke your yoke and burst your bonds; but your said, 'I will not serve.' yes, on every high hill and under every green tree you bowed down like a whore. Yet I planted you a choice vine, wholly of pure seed. How then have you turned degenerate and become a wild vine? Though you wash yourself with lye and use much soap, the stain of your guilt is still before me."

v28 "But where are your gods that you made for yourself? Let them arise, if they can save you, in your time of trouble; for as many as your cities are your gods, O Judah."

Jeremiah 3
v11 "Return, faithless Israel", declares the Lord. "I will not look on you in anger for I am merciful", declares the Lord.

No comments: