Sunday, February 07, 2010

With reference to no event or person in particular, I am inclined to think that humans are such hopeless selfish beings. I don't know if it's just part and parcel of growing up but I've learnt to never take things at face value because people who do are labeled as plain naive.

Suddenly it seems to me like everything people do and say in public serves someone's of selfish agenda in a way or another. We give our change to beggars in exchange for the assurance that we've done our part and that we are 'good' people. I hope I'm wrong about this but I can't help but think that friendships and relationships are in some way self-serving. We choose friends that meet our needs, that we can clique with, so we have people to hang out with at our convenience. It's a thin line being rational and being selfish. But then again, what's being rational? Who and what are we making these decisions based on?

I'm sorry for being such a cynic and wet blanket. But I guess this proves to me, more than ever, that humans are wrecks without God. I am nothing without God. Perhaps that's why it's so hard to try to love someone, because no matter how much you love someone, that love is never ever unconditional. (Cos' we're stinking humans.) Only when God comes in, revolutionizes our hearts and our concept of love and giving, then are we able to Love.

No comments: