Friday, January 20, 2006

all my life, ive been searching.
searching to satisfy my desires.
searching for friendships.
searching for love.
searching for acceptance.
searching for forgiveness.
searching for happiness.
searching for life's cheap thrills.
searching for cash; clothes.
searching for everthing to fill that emptiness.
searching the world.
but it has given me none.
nothing but more pain and anxieties.
what have i found? NONE of the above.

help me to always remember, never to put my faith, my hopes, my dreams in the world.
because they never fail to fail.
help me, to look to you always.
cos truly, only in YOU, lord.
i find the meaning of it all.
only in you, i find rest.

once again, lord jesus, thank you so much for this love.

i spent half my lifetime watching time go by
and wondering where it went
when i try to fall asleep at night
i lay there feeling spent
contemplating what the next day's gonna hold for me
tossin' turin', my mind is churnin
thots wont let me be
every morning meets me with a list of all i have to do
every evening greets me with the knowledge that im never through
every taste of success makes me vow to never fail
feels like i chase my tail
there's gotta be something more than running circles for a living
gotta be something better than just trying to survive
gotta be some important puzzle piece tt i am missing
gotta be something more to life
if every picture tells a story , mine must be a mystery
cause i lose sight of who i am
and who i am supposed to be
looking back on what ive built
and all tt ive acheived only leads me to believe
tired of these hopeless pieces
bored with my earthly things
so i must fill my empty spaces
with the love tt heaven brings

No comments: